macOS Big Sur 11.6.7 Update
This update is recommended for all current Big Sur users and improves the security of macOS.
What does it mean?!
Apple has released a new update for Big Sur. Oftentimes when an update is released the language doesn't quite explain what is happening, and without explanation or any new functions.
Everyone on macOS Big Sur should update to this release of macOS. We will start reaching out to provide guidance and to guide your team through the process of updating.
Why would we need to update it?
Software updates not only add new features and remove outdated ones, they also fix security holes and fix/remove bugs. Consistently updating your software helps protect your data as well as protect those who interact with your system.
macOS Big Sur 11.6.7 update is a maintenance upgrade that is focused on patching up potential exploits. macOS Big Sur 11.6.7 delivers bug fixes to that could cause Mail and Outlook to be unable to open attachments.
What do I do now?
Before you update there are a few things you want to do to prepare:
Make sure you that your computer has been backed up.
Plugin your computer to a power source. (This will ensure that your computer has enough power to complete the update.)
Now that you have prepared your computer for the update we can begin.
1. To start the software update choose the Apple menu in the top left screen and select “About This Mac” then select the “Software Update” button.
2. Select the “More Info” button as shown below. A pop up will appear letting you know which updates are available for your computer.
3. Allow the update to download and for your computer to prepare the update. This may take longer than the given time under the load bar. It may appear to be stuck at times but this is normal. Do not close the computer or restart during this preparation period.
4. Once your computer has prepared the updates, a “Restart Now” button will appear. Clicking this button will install the update to your computer. You will be prompted to enter your password before the install can begin, this will restart the computer and apply the updates.
5. Your computer will then install the updates and may restart several times during this process. Once the update is complete you will be presented with your login screen. To verify that your update was successful go back to the Apple menu, “About This Mac” Version should now say 11.6.7
If you have any questions about the update on your computer you can schedule an appointment to address any concerns you may have about this update. Visit our team page to book an appointment with your primary Mac Technician here.