If you can’t connect to your AirPods anymore
If you don't hear the connect chime after a few seconds or can't hear when your AirPods are in your ears:
Still can’t connect? Follow these steps on your iOS device.
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and tap the icon next to your AirPods.1 Then tap Forget This Device.
- Put your AirPods in the case and close the lid. Wait 15 seconds, then open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until you see the status light flash amber a few times, then flash white.
- Place your AirPods close to your device. Follow the steps on your iOS device's screen.
Learn more about setting up your AirPods on other Bluetooth devices. If you have issues connecting a replacement AirPod, learn more about replacement AirPods.
If your AirPods won’t charge
- Make sure that the Lightning to USB cable is firmly plugged into the charging case and USB power adapter. Then make sure the power adapter is correctly plugged into a power outlet.
- Make sure your AirPods are properly placed in the charging case and close the lid.
- Charge your AirPods and case for at least 15 minutes.
- Open the case lid with your AirPods inside and hold your case close to your iOS device. Wait a few seconds to see a charging icon next to the battery icon while your AirPods are connected to power.
If you still can’t charge your AirPods, contact Apple Support.
If your AirPods show different charging percentages
Each AirPod contains its own battery and charges separately. Learn more about charging your AirPods.
- If you don't see your AirPods in Settings > Bluetooth, go to the next step.