Check your settings and connections
On all of your computers:
- Make sure you're signed in to iCloud with your current Apple ID. If you changed your password but didn't update it in iCloud preferences on either computer, Back to My Mac won’t connect.
- Make sure Back to My Mac is turned on. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu and click iCloud. In iCloud preferences, make sure Back to My Mac is selected and review any status messages. If Back to My Mac is selected, deselect it, then select it again.
On the Mac you're trying to connect to:
On your AirPort Base Station or router:
Update your Back to My Mac keys
- Go to Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- From the list of Keychains on the left, choose System.
- Click the Kind column header to sort the Keychain list by kind.
- Select all keys of the kind "Back to My Mac key.”
- Delete the selected keys. You need to enter your administrator password.
- Quit Keychain Access.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu. In iCloud preferences, deselect Back to My Mac.
Turn your Mac off and back on again.
- Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu. In iCloud preferences, select Back to My Mac.
Contact iCloud Support
If you still can't use Back to My Mac, contact iCloud Support. Here's the information you'll need: